Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Sugar High

Hello!

I hope you had a lovely Easter holiday. We did. It was a busy weekend, but one that was filled with lots of family and too may sweets.

We ended last week with play dates and lots of coloring. I can't seem to get a picture of my girl's face these days! She is always on the go!


We visited a friend and played in the park.


We picked up my niece, "Nini,"from school. Liza loves, loves her Nini. She talks about her all the time and sings about her before she falls asleep at night.


She likes to make circles. She is so awesome. We also celebrated two cousins' birthdays! A first birthday and a Sweet 16! Lots of fun!



Easter morning, my girl was excited about her little basket filled with little treats. Her favorite gifts were these sunglasses and a little Cookie Monster notebook I found at Target.


bathtub crayons
and she looked like a little princess in her Easter dress. I wasn't going to, but I did it. I made her wear a fluffy dress and a tacky Easter hat. Or Easter Bonnet, as it's called in the incredible Judy Garland and Fred Astaire  movie,  Easter Parade. I happen to be watching it right now :)



We were busy. Church in the morning then both sides of the family Easter dinners. No nap for the toddler. Too much candy. Sugar highs. Meltdowns. I wish I had some pictures of the "I want more candy" meltdowns. I guess raisins won't be passing for candy anymore. I'm a sad mommy!




It was a mess of a day, but it was a wonderful mess! We are so blessed to have such amazing family!



Want to see something funny? I found it while cleaning my basement the other night. It's probably from my sophomore year of high school. And it's probably the start of my friendship with Katey!


I have no clue what Jillian's Drama is, but I do know that I LOVED to act in my school plays! How funny is that though?! I can't believe I saved it!



On another note, I want to tell you about a very special post tomorrow. 

Katey's friend, Tonya, will be guest blogging. She is going to share about the tragic loss of her baby to SIDS.

It might be a sad read, but we feel her story is too important not to share. As the anniversary of her baby's passing approaches, we want to help raise awareness of SIDS.

We are also touched at the opportunity to honor her precious daughter.

Have a wonderful afternoon! 

XOXO Sarah


0 comments:

Post a Comment